Downtown renovation project turns back page of history

A downtown renovation project stirred lots of memories this week when a Jack & Jill sign from the 1940s era was exposed on the north side of the square.
Svehla Law Offices, which now owns the M Street building, had the awning removed from the front of two side-by-side business fronts. Pictures from the Plainsman Museum confirmed that the wooden structure was installed in 1978, though history on the building itself can be traced back to 1916.

Read more in this week's print or e-editions.

 

Rate this article: 
No votes yet