Marquette Fire Department responds to small house fire

The Marquette Fire Department was called to the Cole residence in Marquette Dec. 17 after a small fire in the house’s attic ignited. Marquette Fire Chief Pat Johansen said the fire was likely started by electrical wires. Johansen estimated that there was around $1,000 to $1,500 of damage to the attic area of the house. Along with Marquette, the Aurora Fire Department was called to the scene, as is procedure. Four of Marquette’s firetrucks were on site with around 11 firefighters. Aurora had two trucks with around 10 men.

Rate this article: 
No votes yet