Subscribe to e-edition

Get the whole paper online! If you would like to register for an account, please fill out our Contact Form and select 'Request an e-subscription.'

Haying, grazing of CRP acres authorized for Hamilton County PDF E-mail

Nebraska Farm Service Agency County Executive Director Kathy Jennings has announced Hamilton County is authorized for emergency haying and grazing use of Conservation Reserve Program acres for 2012.

The CRP emergency haying and grazing authorization for 2012 is effective immediately. The authorization for haying ends on Aug. 31 and grazing ends Sept. 30.

"Eligible producers who are interested in emergency haying and grazing of CRP must request written approval from the Farm Service Agency," said Jennings. "Producers must also obtain a modified conservation plan from the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) that outlines permitted haying and grazing practices."

There will be a 10 percent annual payment reduction for CRP acres used under these emergency provisions.

Producers authorized to hay or graze can use CRP acreage for their own livestock or may lease the use of CRP acreage to an eligible livestock producer. Call the FSA office at 402-694-6163 to make an appointment to process your requests to hay or graze. Additional information is at

To read more, see this week's print or e-editions

Want to get a copy of this week's News-Register? Click HERE to find out how!
RocketTheme Joomla Templates